Your website needs to be hosted on a web server in order to make it available on the Internet. Hosting involves housing, serving and maintaining files so that visitors are able to view the content of the website.
Key factors of website hosting include:
The website functionality
– the range of features it offers, the ways in which it presents content to the user, and how the content is kept fresh and updated
The performance of the website
– the speed at which it loads pages and responds to user requests
The reliability of the website
– how high the availability of the site is and how frequently it suffers from down time
Advantages of Mediatopia’s website hosting solutions
Basic Hosting consists of the following services:
- Yearly website hosting on our secure servers*
- Unlimited Freephone support for general queries
- Annual website evaluation & suggested improvements
- Domain Management & Renewal (per domain name)
- Email Setup & Support
- Incremental Daily Backup
- Full Weekly Backup.
Disadvantages of setting up your own in-house servers:
- The cost of purchasing your own web server hardware, associated software and high speed Internet connectivity (typically using leased lines).
- The technical skills you or your staff will require in order to develop, maintain and upgrade the website, and to keep up to date with the latest technical developments.
- You may need resources capable of providing round-the-clock support for the website in order to ensure its availability for users.
- The need for specialist security expertise in employing tools and techniques to maintain the security of your website. Mediatopia has a number of different options available; please contact us with your requirements and we will qualify your needs accordingly. .