What is Social Media?
4 Important facts about Social Media
Social Media Interaction
By using social media websites as a tool for promoting your business activities you will create social interactions from your customers.
These social interactions may be in the form of comments or reviews on your website or your facebook page, they may be tweets on your twitter account, there are many ways in which your existing customers or potential customers can socially interact with your business.
Social Media Communication
By communicating on your various social media websites your companies latest promotion or an event that has taken place at work or a new product that you are about to sell, you will create social communication – telling your customers and potential customers about your business you are effectively ‘Communicating Socially’.
However if you are just pushing product via Social Media you will be snubbed as this is not the intention of Social Media, quite frankly the complete opposite.
Social Media Marketing
Using Social Media as a marketing tool for your business is not as straight forward as it seems. Firstly you need to understand what the different types of social media are, how to use them and create a marketing strategy to then use them effectively.
When you have learned all you need to learn about social media and use it correctly the results can be quite remarkable and you will never use any other form of marketing again!
Different types of Social Media:
- Social Networks
- Photo Sharing
- Employee Ideation Programs
- Discussion Forums
- RSS Feeds
- Social Media Releases
Social Media Communication Techniques
- If you have not got any Social Media Accounts set up for your business – Mediatopia recommends a Facebook Business Page, A Twitter Account and a LinkedIn Profile.
- Make sure you follow all of the online instructions when setting these 3 accounts up. Fill out all of the business details and take extra care with doing so.
- Once all of your accounts are set up – call us and we will help you integrate them on your website.
Social Media can benefit your business
If used correctly Social Media can completely enhance how your customers view your business.
Your customers have the power of influencing their friends and family through their own social media channels and can bookmark and forward information about your business to whoever they want.
If for example your business runs a promotion and uses social media to promote it – it is feasible that your promotion can end up in a Chinese Business within literally a few seconds or it could reach over 400,000 people within a 24 hr period of which 50 of them decide to buy your product and what did it cost – a few minutes writing a post or a tweet – so it is a very powerful tool if used correctly!
At Mediatopia we can help your business achieve a ‘Social Media Status’ – call 01823 429081 and ask for Duncan
If you need help with your Social Media Strategy, look no further!
Mediatopia have an excellent track record with helping businesses succeed with their Social Media Marketing – We have several packages that can help your business leverage our knowledge:-
- Advice on which types of Social Media to set up
- What type of Social Media strategy to use
- How to optimise your Social Media to generate income through your website
- How to monitor and track the marketing of Social Media
- Whether or not to set up a blog
- How to direct traffic to your blog